E.L.F Haul

| On
Friday, June 14, 2013
ELF is an online makeup brand. I believe they are British but do ship around the world. There products are  super cheap despite there good quality.
I'm always a little nervous buying makeup online. Its hard to know what products are good and what are poor quality. But i have bought a few bits from E.L.F in the past and wanted to try out a few more things.
So, here are the products i purchased from ELF  Enjoy :D...






I payed for my order on a Saturday and it arrived roughly 4 days after i ordered it. A lot quicker than i expected. I always get really excited before an order arrives and have even more fun going through my what i have bought. 



This is what i first opened.


I was first enticed by the name of this nail polish. I don't own a metallic black/silver/grey. This one has a silver glitter to it. And surprisingly, a slight red glitter which really adds depth to it.


This next nail polish was a little different than i expected. I know you shouldn't be surprised if the colours on the site differ slightly. but the picture on the website gave me a completely different idea of the colour


http://eyeslipsface.co.uk/en/restofworld/spring-sale/last-chance-nail-polish/invt/1600
(Taken from the official E.LF cosmetics website)

Here, the colour seems to be more of a deep plum. However it arrived and seemed to be an orange red with gold flex.


None the less, i am rather happy with it. Its very much a Christmas colour.




Next are these fantastic nail polishes in 3 summer shades which i got in a set. 




Yellow, Party peach, Teal blue. They are all really great shades and I'm sure i will get to wear them all!


yellow
This yellow is a light banana colour, it has no shimmer to it, which i like.

Party peach
 This is a wonderful coral colour with a slight orange shimmer.

Teal blue

I really love this blue. It is a blue/green  and has no shimmer to it.


This blush unfortunately isn't as pigmented as i would have liked. It has a slight shimmer to it but barely shows its amazing peachy pink colour. 


However, i do like that it has a handy mirror in the compact and is a cute little handbag size.


It could still be used for a subtle highlighter.


 I have a custom eye shadow palette from Space N.K, I really enjoyed creating it so i though I'd try out the one from E.L.F. there's a whole range of eye shadows, lip colours and blushers but i decided to make this one only eye shadows.


I love the little eye detail embossed on each eye shadow. They are all slightly shimmery, but not too much which i also like.


The palette itself is quite plain and not the most attractive one out there but none the less, it does what its supposed to.


It also has a huge mirror which is always a good thing.


The pigmentation isn't brilliant. However, its still shows off its pretty colour range.



You could argue this is a bit of a random buy, But surprisingly i don't actually own a brow brush!


This one is super cheap and brilliant quality. The bristles are fine and fluffy and great for tidying up brows.


This is the eyebrow lifter and filler. I really liked this idea and wanted to try it out for myself.


The packaging is smart and practical. Although the thin plastic lids look worryingly easy to break. (which I'm somehow always doing!)


One thing i really love is the handy sharpener attached to the the lid. 


The constancy of the two sides, to me, feels more like an eye liner rather then a brow pencil.



I want to try the Bare minerals foundation, but wasn't prepared to pay the hefty price for it. So instead, i opted to try this cheaper version.  

I cant believe how similar the packaging is to bare minerals! its literally exactly the same.



So far i am enjoying using it. I normally use it as a setting powder, over my regular liquid foundation. But on the days when i do not really need foundation, i can use it on it own.




E.l.f do three different flavours of these lip balms. I have tried the other two and literally fell in love with them. So i though i might as well try this one too.


It is arguably my favourite one. It has a really intense smell of vanilla which is one of my favourite scents. They are so incredibly delicious and definitely do  a good job at moisturising my lips.


These lipsticks are normally £5.00. Because e.l.f can sometimes be a bit of a hit and miss, i was a little skeptical about trying them. Thankfully, they were on sale for half the price and so i had to get one!


I got the shade Rich raspberry as i thought it was a nice easy colour to be able to wear everyday, but also could be dressed up a little.


The packaging again is quite classy. But the case is definitely bigger then it needs to be.


Its has a nice pigmentation to it. Its also really moisturising and soft. I haven't tested the staying power of it yet but hope its long lasting. It also a lot like Gypsy which is also from e.l.f. Gypsy is one of my favourite lipsticks ever.


So that's it. I hope you enjoyed!





Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9